Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer Birthday Cards: Quick & Simple

All cuts shown from "Stretch Your Imagination." So simple!
Bow is Glossy Accents & Hottie Pattotie Pink, LSG

 Lots of birthdays this summer!  My sister's is in early July, so I need to get it in the mail now in order for it to reach her by her birthday.  She lives in Germany and wow, does it take FOREVER for mail to get there.  But for a handmade piece of love to arrive via post - its worth the $2 or so it will cost to send a square card!

This simple, flat card was straight from the pages of my "Stretch Your Imagination" cart.  Such a deal as I purchased it new for only $17!

 The  inside sentiment was from Paper Lace.  Can you see how much razzle-dazzle sparkle the lettering has?  Its from Lindy's Stamp Gang's Starburst Spray, Witch's Potion Purple.  Purple was my sister's favorite color growing up.
Finally, do you see the little notches cut into my card base?  Well since its going to a relative, I wasn't going to sweat the small stuff.  Has it ever happened to you where you are on your last piece of cardstock (in this case it was the matching color) and all but one teensy flaw keeps it from working out perfectly?  I've learned to embrace these "oopsies" in my creations.  I just will add a comment like, "Extra artistic cut, just for you.  Free of charge!"  That will at least make them smile and know the card, like its creator, is not perfect!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is just adorable, Bernadet! I love the colors and all the sparkle! Regarding challenges, there are two places that provide comprehensive lists: Rebecca at The Crafting Misfit has a great list (http://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/p/challenges-you-can-participate-in-on.html) and The Craft Hot Spot provides a great one, too (http://www.thecrafthotspot.com/p/weekly-challenges.html). I hope this helps and have a great week :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

mom2maddie06 (Misty) said...

What a pretty card!!