Monday, June 20, 2011

Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award

What a sweet surprise!
Lisa, indymermaid.blogspot.com, gave me my first ever blog award!  I still feel like such a novice with many things in the blog world - wow! Thank you Lisa.

As a recipient, it is my duty to pass the sweet stuff along.  The rules for the award are the following:
1) Send a thank you to the person who nominated you and include their link.
2) To accept this award, answer 7 random facts about yourself.
3) Pass the award on to other awesome blog buddies.


Here are the 7 random facts about "moi".
  1. There's a funny mnemonic associated with the pronunciation of my last name: "I rode a cow on a ski.  Rodakowski!"
  2. At a barn I used to train at, I was known for being able to "Indian mount" one of the ponies.  The only adult who could!  (Or was dumb enough to try.)  (See #3 on video for a look at someone demo-ing this skill.)
  3. I studied French for "deux" years in college.  That's about the extent of my knowledge.
  4. From my craft room I look across North America's 4th largest volume river.
  5. I see into the neighboring state to the south from my window as well.
  6. I've belly danced in restaurants before.
  7. I first learned about rubber stamp arts at the Oregon State Fair in the mid 1990s.  Hooked ever since!
 And here's who I'd like to bestow the "Irresistibly Sweet Blogger" Award to:
Loli - El Taller de los RecuerdosEl Taller de los Recuerdos
Sylvie - Gibmiss 
CricutKris - ShE's CrAfTy
Ebru Vatansever  - My Scrapbooking & Craft Journal 

I enjoy these blogs by these talented crafters, I'm sure you will too.  Give them a look!  Thanks for stopping by.





5 comments:

Gibmiss said...

Hi Bernadette ...thankyou sooo much for this sweet award......Really Chuffed....
hugs
sylvie
xxx

Kathyk said...

Ooooh thank you so much - it will appear on my blog tomorrow

Happy Tuesday (as it will be soon!)

Kathyk

Ebru Vatansever said...

Ohh my Bernadette, I am honoured and humbled by this wonderful award. You are most to kind and will certainly past this along. I did not know you had a blog from now on I will certainly follow your wonderful creations. Many hugs,

Ebru

teachermom5 said...

Super fun post! Thank you for your encouraging comment on my father's day beach card! So appreciated! I loved reading the things to get to know you better. I was drawn to the photo of someone riding as my girls showed for several years and boy do I miss those days!
Really, belly dancing? You are so brave!!!

Loli said...

Hola Bernadet, thank you for all your beautiful comments about my works and thank you for this award, i'm really happy, thank you so, so much.You make me feel soooooo good
A big hug from Palma