Wednesday, June 22, 2011

3"x6"Mini: Vintage Halloween


This little mini album came together so quickly.  6 interior pages plus a front and back cover for you to decorate.  So much fun!

Vintage is great any time, but I particularly love it when it comes to Halloween, which is my favorite holiday of course.  I used Dover clip art from this CD, as well as stickers from this book.  Both purchased from Amazon many moons ago.

The metal word is from Making Memories, distressed with LSG's Chocolate Truffle, as was the Offray ribbon and pom pom trim.  Lacy Labels tag. 

Recollections flower, colored with LSG as before and Hog's Wart Orange.  Paper from the "Thriller" collection by Rusty Pickle which is sadly no longer in business.  I also tucked a little feather in there just to add Victorian whimsy.

Sticker and clip art fun!
I also "aged" this lace with LSG and adhered with with spray mount, same for the sticker.
For this page I covered it with 2.75x5.75" paper to fill the page.  Clear embossed a stamp (unknown) and used several colors of Distress Ink to bring out the image in a resist technique.  The owl is just one part of a Sizzix embossing folder, "Owl with Tree."  More LSG inks at work here along with a bronze ink pad.
If you look closely you'll see that this paper was first stamped with a stamp that is "certificate of death," (source unknown.)  I know this is supposed to vintage and romantic, but a little spooky never hurt anything Halloween.

More embossing folder and clip art fun.
Final two pages, very vintage and very romantic!
Sometimes its nice to let the eye "rest" on the page.  I decided to do that here, and bling it up a little with some gems by Recollections, and my new Pearl Pen.
I wanted things to dry quickly, so I made tiny black dots in the center of the green polka dots.  I can't wait to play with these pens more!

 I can't wait to see what new Fall themed carts for my Cricut will be released this year. Thanks for stopping by. As always, I enjoy your comments!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

WOW, Bernadet, this mini is so awesome! I love the flower! I also loved your video...it so clearly explained how to make one. I am definitely going to give this a try! TFS :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com