Sunday, June 5, 2011

Apron Fun

I recently picked up the "Nifty Fifties" cart for a super deal, $24!  I had fun putting this card together as a thank you to a friend who surprised me with a fun apron as a housewarming gift.
So flirty and fun!


 I was originally going to go for a bright, summery DP, then found this scrap from K&Co. and it reminded me of an old linoleum floor.  I inked the edges with Mustard Seed Distress Ink and put my cheery little cuts on top of it.  I think the bright colors add the right amount of whimsy to the vintage.  What do you think?

My friend is from Montana, so when it came time to create the envelope for my thank you card, I recalled an old atlas that I had saved just for crafting.  (When moving I discovered we had two.  What a great excuse to use one for crafts!)  I used my MS score board to create the A2 size 'lope.



One last thing: when will they formulate a "quick dry" Stickles?  As you can see on my card, there is red glitter stuck all over the front of my apron cut.  Of course a piece of paper swooshed across my card before it was done drying smearing red, gluey glitter all over the cut.  Arrrggghh!  It happens to me more than I'd like to admit.

3 comments:

bonnie said...

Super cute card sweetie and wow what a bargain...I so want that cart....I love anything 50's or retro! Thank you for your sweet message on my blog! :) Hugs x

Lisa said...

What an absolutely adorable card! I so agree with you about the need for a fast-drying Stickles...I have also had many smear accidents myself :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

teachermom5 said...

Love the idea of using an atlas! So creative.
Yeah, here, here, quick dry stickles!!