Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Celebrate USA

Who's ready for fireworks?  
I don't typically make cards for the 4th, we have multiple birthdays within a week of the holiday, but I was simply inspired.  This card was fun and easy.  I'm entering it into several challenge blogs, some I'm new to so I hope it fits the bill.
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - Happy 4th
PaperPlay Challenges - Stars & Stripes
Flourishes - Timeless Tuesday Challenge #124
Mojo Monday - Sketch Blog #97

I used my new CriKit gel pens in red to spell out the word on the tag.
 The rest of the recipe is:  Wild Card, Plantin Schoolbook, & Paper Lace carts.  Chipped Sapphire, Vintage Photo, & Antique Linen Distress inks.  EK Success stickers. Celebrate It ribbon & DMC embroidery floss.  Offray stylish accents.

Hmm, maybe I needed an additional item here to employ the "rule of 3" when it comes to embellishments?  But truth be told, there was an inky smudge here that my sweet flower covered up, and I didn't really have anything else.  I hope it works with the tag ok.

Happy 4th of July!

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

Bernadet, I love your card and love that you stopped by! Your stars and "stripes" are wonderful!

The Rubber Maid said...

you did a real "bang-up" job on this 4th. of July card. Love it. Pat

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Love this ~ found it on the MOJO Monday Blog! Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Norris said...

What a cute card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at FCCB! :o)

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

BugBites said...

Love this- and love the rick-rack look. thanks for sharing with us at FCCB