Thursday, August 23, 2012

Cards for Friends

Today I just let my creativity flow doing what I love most, making cards.  No challenges, no occasion, just getting into my stash and having fun.  I did use up a fair amount of scraps - which is awesome.

This first card features a picture of my running partner.  We had just finished a race called the Cosmo 7K where they actually served cocktails at the finish!  We had a great race and a great time.  

This card was inspired by one I saw in CardMaker magazine, July 2012.  It featured a vintage photo that appeared to be printed on cardstock - well at least that's how I interpreted it.  This photo was just taken with my iPhone, but I edited it in PSE9 and a demo of Perfect Effects, a photo editing program I'm probably going to buy because its so dang easy to use and produces cool effects.  Instead of printing on photo paper, I printed on Paper Accents Smooth Cardstock in Cream.
 My embellishment was cut from the Art Philosophy cart and stamped with CTMH's Potential stamp set which I believe was a SOTM set from a while back.  The card is an odd size, mostly because my printer was giving me fits and I couldn't adjust the size of the photo.  It measures 7.25 x 4.75".





Before and after photo editing.






Cardstock:  Recollections Kraft, Paper Accents, K&Co., Bazzill Basics
Photo Editing:  Photoshop Elements 9, Perfect Effects from On One Software
Ink: Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Poppy Pearl & Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
Gold Leafing Pen:  Marvy
Ribbon:  Offray
Punch:  MS Cherish
Stamps:  CTMH Potential, Studio 112 Assortment



  Next up is this all occasion card that uses nothing but scraps!
I didn't intend these two cards to be so close in color palette, it just turned out that way!  I love my sassy shopper stamp, so she's the main focus.
 Don't ask me where this pearlized red cardstock came from - its just a scrap.  But I thought the brick embossing folder brought out great texture and it looked just right as a base layer.
 A scrap from a border provided just the right touch for the sentiment.  (Oh, I hate it when photography shows off details I missed, like the little bit of glue that's waiting to be rubbed off on the black cardstock!)

Some sticky back canvas from Claudine Hellmuth was so easy to turn into the right sized flower for this card.  Love that oval pearl brad to dress up the canvas.  A2 size card.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Cardstock & Paper:  Paper Accents Smooth Cardstock in Cream, scraps
Stamp:  CTMH Fashionista, My Creative Time Teeny Tag Greetings
Ink:  Vintage Photo & Shabby Shutter Distress Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black
Sticky Back Canvas:  Claudine Hellmuth
Brad: K&Co. (?)
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix Tim Holtz


No comments: