Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thinning the Herd

 I told myself I couldn't make any more cards until I "thinned the herd" a bit.  I keep my cards in plastic file container, both my homemade projects and store-bought, as I'm addicted to store-bought cards too!  Well, there comes a point every so often when I can barely fit one more card into the container - thus its time to clear things out a bit.

 As you can see I'm a fan of making envelopes.  I LOVE my MS scoreboard for this.  Some of the other envelopes were made with some ancient, old templates I've had that came in a book called "The Envelope Mill" that I purchased way back in the mid '90s.  It allows me to center a picture just so for the envelope.  I have stacks of calendars going back years and years for this.  If I have standard white envelopes, I like to jazz them up with stickers, stamps, coloring, or lettering.  I've done that here, but you just don't get quite the view.

No international or odd/bulky shaped cards in the batch today - whew!  Its amazing how expensive actually sending out my card creations has gotten over the years.

Just as I was finishing up, I spotted the mail truck at the box right outside.  A sprint between the raindrops got these fun creations out in time.  Is there one destined for your mailbox?

1 comment:

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

I love your homemade envelopes! I feel like I spend so much on envelopes and here I could have been making them myself! These are really great! Thanks for sharing the idea!