Sunday, August 17, 2014

Diva Stamps from GKD

Word Balloon is a CTMH Stamp cut with Artiste
 I love this line of "Diva" stamp sets from Gina K Designs.  There are a lot to choose from and they are so "me" in so many facets of life!  I made the Golf Diva for my husband - the golf fanatic, and the Marathon Diva for a co-worker, a running fanatic.  I run a little bit too, but she's gearing up for a marathon and this card was perfect.

The others intentionally have some space left on the front so I could add a sentiment later.  Each of these stamp sets has some really great sentiments that carry out the theme - friendship or any occasion.

I cut these with my Brother Scan'n'Cut - which works AWESOME for this kind of design.  So easy!  But I did have some issue cutting through the heavy base weight GKD Pure Luxury cardstock.  So much so that I actually cut through my mat after dialing up the pressure - oops!  (Fixed it temporarily with duct tape - will need to get a new one!)

I only just began using GKD cardstock - and boy am I hooked!  I'm looking to get as many colors and weights as possible.  I LOVE the heavy base weight, but it does take some doing to cut on my CE2 and BS'nC.
I'm a fan of the layered white-on-white look for these mini cards.

I color the images with SN markers and PrismaColor pencils, then cut them with BS'n'C.  Works like a charm!

These last two cards have space for the perfect sentiment to be stamped later.
Enjoy more of your summer!

No comments: